thrift-user mailing list archives

From Jérémie BORDIER <ahf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Windows support
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 20:40:06 GMT
On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 9:27 PM, Zhan Xu <zhan.xu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hannes,
>
> Thanks a lot for the reply. A futher question -- is there any plan to
> support Windows in the near future? Or, is this 'non-windows' a
> long-last status?
>
> Actually, I'm doing research on evaluating similar third-party
> softwares to be used in our production development. Windows support is
> somehow important...
>
> Thanks again and have a nice day!
>
> Zhan Xu
>

> On 2/12/09, Hannes Baldursson <hannson@gmail.com> wrote:
>> IIRC the generated C++ code does not compile under Windows.

The windows compatibility problem have been around for a while right
now. There has been a couple emails a few weeks ago about that and if
I remember right, people are working on getting the concurrency part
of thrift ported to boost::thread and some other things to be windows
compatible, but i don't know the progress yet.

If anyone has more information, that would be great !

Cheers,
Jérémie

--
Jérémie 'ahFeel' BORDIER