thrift-user mailing list archives

From Esteve Fernandez <est...@sindominio.net>
Subject Re: Some thoughts about changes to Thrift
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2009 21:25:43 GMT
On Friday 06 March 2009 20:36:34 Mark Slee wrote:
> I do just want to call out again here that AFAIK Java tends not to be
> distributed with many flavors of Linux, whereas Python does.

I contributed a bunch of code to the Python generator, but still I think a
compiler written in Java makes sense. If we can use JIRA as an indication of
activity, the number of issues and contributors in the Java front is greater
than in the Python one.

> If a rewriting effort is undertaken, I'd just throw out a big +1 to fullly
> considering Python in addition to Java.

Do you mean writing two compilers (one in Java and the other one in Python)?

In that case, it would make more sense to use ANTLR and let it generate
parsers in different languages.

Cheers.