thrift-user mailing list archives

From David Reiss <dre...@facebook.com>
Subject Re: Some thoughts about changes to Thrift
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 21:34:42 GMT
To respond to Rush's question, no, I have never built Thrift on
Mac OS or Windows, since I don't use those systems.  I don't take
your question as a challenge or a flame, but please understand that
my question was also not meant as a challenge or flame.  I really
want to know what is preventing you from building the compiler in
your environment of choice.  Is there Linux-specific code in use?
Are there gaps in the documentation on the wiki?  We can fix these
issues.

Michael, what is stopping you from using VC++, if that is what you
prefer?  Someone mentioned lex and yacc earlier.  I don't think it
is a good idea to commit their generated code to the repository,
but it will be included in our releases, and I'm currently setting
up a nightly release system so you'll be able to get the latest
lex and yacc generated code.

--David