thrift-user mailing list archives

From Michael Andrews <mandr...@liveops.com>
Subject Re: Thrift on CentOS 5.2? And as clean as possible
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 18:01:41 GMT
I got thrift to compile for CentOS  5.2 32-bit- should be the same as the 64-bit.

# For Autoconf / GCC toolchain
$ sudo yum install gcc-c++ automake libtool
# For boost 1.33.1
$ sudo yum install boost boost-devel
# For python bindings
$ sudo yum install python-devel
# For perl bindings
$ sudo yum install perl-Bit-Vector perl-Class-Accessor

Autoconf gives some warnings but they do not prevent thrift from compiling (although I did
not try using mono bindings):

$ cd ./src/thrift-git
$ ./bootstrap.sh
configure.ac:31: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_MKDIR_P
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:108: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_TYPE_INT16_T

$ ./configure --without-csharp
$ make

Michael