thrift-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using thrift as part of a game network protocol
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 00:38:55 GMT
If you want to send asynchronous messages from server to client, you should
send asynchronous messages from the server to the client.

That means the roles reverse.

For a real game, this will lead to problems with firewall traversal.
Generally, this is handled in the real world by using some sort of UDP
firewall penetration.  See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_traversal_of_UDP_over_NATs

You could make Thrift work over this protocol, but it will be work.