thrift-user mailing list archives

From Michael Greene <michael.gre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some thoughts about changes to Thrift
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 21:00:00 GMT
Right, that's what we are discussing here, having a version that runs in a
non-emulated environment (i.e. not Cygwin) or that can be built using tools
native to the environment (e.g. VC++).
I agree that using Thrift with Cygwin is only as hard as it is in any *NIX
environment, plus installing Cygwin.

However, I need to be able to distribute the resulting executables to my
colleagues, and the project needs to be able to easily distribute (without
the magic of 'huh, I guess MinGW worked this time after a couple of hours of
fiddling') native executables when it finally releases.

Michael