thrift-user mailing list archives

From Swaroop C H <swaroo...@gmail.com>
Subject Regarding Thrift and Ajax
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 17:48:33 GMT
Hello all,

This might be a dumb question, but how do people deal with the issue
of interaction between Ajax and Thrift-based APIs?

For example, a web application usually has a web-based frontend
usually written in Ajax as well as an API that is available for
third-party applications and for the company's own mobile / desktop
clients.

If the Ajax cannot access the API directly, then a wrapper (that works
with Ajax) would have to be written for every single service call.

How do people usually solve this "problem"?

Please excuse me if I have not articulated this concern properly.

Regards,
Swaroop

Books and Blog - http://www.swaroopch.com
Company - http://www.ionlab.in