thrift-user mailing list archives

From David Reiss <dre...@facebook.com>
Subject Re: json protocol for .NET
Date Sun, 12 Apr 2009 22:32:56 GMT
> 1.      Aren't mailing lists so 90s ? Why not use a forum so the archive is public? Or
does it exist and I just missed it?
http://incubator.apache.org/mail/thrift-dev/
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-thrift-dev/
http://www.mail-archive.com/thrift-dev@incubator.apache.org/

> 2.      I noticed that the C# implementation only has the TBinaryProtocol, but not other
protocols that are available in C++ & java. Are there plans of implementing them?

> 3.      Are there best practice for using code-generation in the build process (in Visual
Studio, specifically)?
> a.      Do you keep the autogenerated server/client code in the source control, or just
the IDL?
I highly recommend auto-generating the code during the build process.
Sometimes upgrading your Thrift library requires regenerating and
recompiling all of your code.

--David