thrift-user mailing list archives

From Dave Engberg <dengb...@evernote.com>
Subject Re: Regarding Thrift and Ajax
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 17:57:25 GMT

We found that we could wrap many Thrift calls into JSON using a
JavaScript ORB bridge.  We're using this in our Java service:
http://jabsorb.org/

We were able to wrap our Thrift service implementation classes with a
JSONRPCBridge using a fairly small Servlet.

This works great for relatively small data exchanges.  This is basically
unusable for any large binary data, since JSON just doesn't have a good
way to store a big blob of bytes.