thrift-user mailing list archives

From David Balatero <dbalat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regarding Thrift and Ajax
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 17:53:13 GMT
This sounds like an issue of different formats. For your AJAX API, you'd
probably return JSON or some such, and for your Thrift API, you would return
Thrift structs. This is a fundamental difference that would require you to
have two endpoints for your API that return data differently.

You might consider just using JSON/XML as your API format, as most 3rd party
applications would probably not want to link against Thrift when they could
just do a simple JSON/XML parse in the language of their choice.

- david