thrift-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Schlangen <p.schlan...@mac.com>
Subject AW: Re: ECONNRESET errors
Date Fri, 08 May 2009 17:55:39 GMT
Hi!

>So, to clarify, do you see ECONNRESET errors when your CentOS client
>talks to your Mac server? Or do you only see it when the Mac client
>talks to either server?

I did some further testing with a simple ping service and a client which makes connections
in a loop.
I found out the following (I was partially wrong in my first mail, sorry):

Service: Mac OS, Client: Mac OS => Problem occurs on the service side
Service: Mac OS, Client: Linux => Problem DOES NOT seem to occur (!)
Service: Linux, Client: Linux => Problem DOES NOT seem to occur
Service: Linux, Client: Mac OS => Problem DOES NOT seem to occur

And to make the whole thing even more strange:
1. Start service on Mac OS
2. Start connection loop on a Linux client
=> Problem does not appear.
3. Keep the connection loop on the Linux client running and start the connection loop on a
Mac OS machine, too.
=> Problem does appear on the service side and the Linux (!!) client (!) suddenly starts
to emit the error messages, too!

Confused greetings...

Patrick