thrift-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Schlangen <p.schlan...@mac.com>
Subject ECONNRESET errors
Date Fri, 08 May 2009 10:09:33 GMT
Hi,

I wrote two C++ applications which are both a Thrift server and a Thrift client. Each application
has a thread I create with pthread_create() before I launch the TThreadedServer. The thread
basically sleeps 30 seconds, connects to the other application's Thrift server, calls a method
(ReportStatus()) and then sleeps again for 30 seconds and so on.

Everything is working fine, but I get Thrift error messages on the service-side in random
intervals (which are a multiple of 30 seconds, of course):

Thrift: Fri May  8 11:58:13 2009 TSocket::read() recv() <Host:  Port: 0>Connection reset
by peer
Thrift: Fri May  8 11:58:13 2009 TThreadedServer client died: ECONNRESET

The messages do not seem to influence the functionality of the applications in any way. Everything
is working fast and stable, all method calls are transfered properly.

What can be the cause of this error messages? One service runs on a Mac OS X 10.5.6 host,
the other service runs on a CentOS server. The error messages also occur when both services
run at the same (Mac OS X) host.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Patrick