thrift-user mailing list archives

From Rush Manbert <r...@manbert.com>
Subject Re: Is C++ on Windows not supported?
Date Mon, 11 May 2009 16:57:46 GMT
I am indeed working on a Windows port, based primarily on adding Asio
and Boost implementations of the socket and threading code. I still
need to reimplement TFileTransport using the threading and Monitor
support that abstracts away the machine-specific implementation. Once
that's done I'm going to try taking all of the C++ library code and
making a VS project out of it and see what doesn't compile. I figure
that's faster than examining all of the header files, etc.

I will be asking for help with things like autoconf and Windows
project configuration (hoping that the guys who did the .net version
will help out) but my plan is to have all of the coding done pretty
soon. I don't have any idea what that translates to when it comes to
getting it included in the library. (And, of course, I'm doing this
because we need it here, and I'm under pressure to get it finished for
us so I can work on something else. But I'm trying really hard to do
the work in a way that will easily integrate with what exists, and
will sit alongside the current implementation.) :-)

- Rush