thrift-user mailing list archives

From Curtis Spencer <tho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help Debugging Periodic Error
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 23:16:07 GMT
On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 10:10 PM, Krzysztof Godlewski
<krzysiek@dajerade.pl> wrote:

> On 2009-05-07, at 00:01, Curtis Spencer wrote:
>
>> Anything look fishy there?
>
> Blind guess: file descriptor limit reached?

@David

I will just watch the problem and next time it exhibits, see where it
does hang.  Doesn't happen all that often.  Just the most opportune
times such as tech demos ;-).

The send timeout may be the ticket.

@Krzysztof

I have ulimit => unlimited, so I doubt it is the problem.  Is there
any way to ascertain whether or not it is encountering a file
descriptor limit?

Also, one other thing I ought to mention is that I have never seen it
happen when the service is under a heavy load.  Usually when a first
request after a lull period or after a deploy.

-Curtis