thrift-user mailing list archives

From Dave Engberg <dengb...@evernote.com>
Subject Re: Cocoa Sample Client Problems
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 16:25:19 GMT

The Cocoa library and generator was written by someone who was using the
HTTP transport (to connect to Evernote's Thrift-based service API), so
there's a chance that the TCP socket transport for Cocoa may not be
complete.  I.e. I'm not sure whether anyone's used this before.

daniel@kreuzhofer.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I successfully compiled the Cocoa libs for the iPhone after deleting the server stuff.
I wanted to stick to the tutorial so I generated the tutorial classes and created a new iPhone
project for accessing the tutorial server.

> For having a local tutorial server I just used the java server and ran it on localhost.
(The java client seems to work fine btw)

> I am currently trying to use the following code to call the "ping" function:
>
>     TSocketClient * transport = [[TSocketClient alloc] initWithHostname:@"localhost"
port:9090];
>     TBinaryProtocol * protocol = [[TBinaryProtocol alloc] initWithTransport:transport];
>     CalculatorClient * client = [[CalculatorClient alloc] initWithProtocol:protocol];
>
>     [client ping];
>
> Unfortunately, this simple example does not work. As soon as the client ping function
call is being executed, I get an exception in TNSStreamTransport : Error writing to transport
output stream.