thrift-user mailing list archives

From David Reiss <dre...@facebook.com>
Subject Re: Trying to compile thrift...
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 17:10:42 GMT
I think we got rid of thrift.extra.cpath a while back.

Check that your classpath is exported by running

env | grep CLASSPATH

if it is not, you can run "export CLASSPATH" (if you are running a
a Bourne-like shell like bash, ksh, or zsh).

If that doesn't help, take a look at your config.log.  There should
be a comprehensible error message.

--David

Phillip B Oldham wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 11:32 AM, John Doe<jdmls@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I had log4j installed...
>
> Me too. Still didn't work. I found it best to get the commons files
> required directly from the download site, "install" manually, and
> point to those.
>
>> I tried:
>> $ echo $LOG4J_HOME
>> /usr/share/java
>> $ echo $CLASSPATH
>> /usr/share/java/log4j.jar
>> $ cat ~/.thrift-build.properties
>> thrift.extra.cpath = /usr/share/java/log4j.jar
>> ./cleanup.sh
>> ./bootstrap.sh
>> ./configure...
>> => checking for Java class org.apache.log4j.Logger... no
>>
>> BTW, I also have 'checking for Java class org.apache.commons.lang.builder.HashCodeBuilder...
no'...