thrift-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>
Subject Re: optional fields in function declaration
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 16:46:59 GMT
I would say that there's no question it would be useful. However, I'm
not sure how that would translate to all client languages.

A completely safe and reliable way to simulate this would be to make
a new struct for your method that has optional fields and just use
that as the only parameter to the method. Does that make sense?

-Bryan