thrift-user mailing list archives

From "daniel@kreuzhofer.de" <dan...@kreuzhofer.de>
Subject Cocoa Sample Client Problems
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 14:11:33 GMT
Hi,

I successfully compiled the Cocoa libs for the iPhone after deleting the server stuff. I wanted
to stick to the tutorial so I generated the tutorial classes and created a new iPhone project
for accessing the tutorial server.

For having a local tutorial server I just used the java server and ran it on localhost. (The
java client seems to work fine btw)

I am currently trying to use the following code to call the "ping" function:

    TSocketClient * transport = [[TSocketClient alloc] initWithHostname:@"localhost" port:9090];
    TBinaryProtocol * protocol = [[TBinaryProtocol alloc] initWithTransport:transport];
    CalculatorClient * client = [[CalculatorClient alloc] initWithProtocol:protocol];

    [client ping];

Unfortunately, this simple example does not work. As soon as the client ping function call
is being executed, I get an exception in TNSStreamTransport : Error writing to transport output
stream.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong here?

Regards

Daniel