thrift-user mailing list archives

From Esteve Fernandez <est...@fluidinfo.com>
Subject txAMQP 0.3 released, better late than never
Date Sun, 16 Aug 2009 17:54:28 GMT
Hi all,

with great joy and a little sweat, we're happy to announce txAMQP 0.3
(https://launchpad.net/txamqp), a Python library for communicating with AMQP
peers and brokers using Twisted.

This marks an important milestone, as it's the first release made with the
help of two new committers not directly involved with Fluidinfo
(http://fluidinfo.com): Dan Di Spaltro from Cloudkick
(https://www.cloudkick.com) and Thomas Hervé from Canonical
(http://www.canonical.com)

On the technical side, this release includes important features such as
heartbeat frames (contributed by Anthony Lenton), support for setuptools
(contributed by Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn), support for basic_return, and improved
support for Thrift - among many other features and fixes.

As a side note, patching Thrift (http://incubator.apache.org/thrift/) is no
longer needed, as support for Twisted is now integrated in the official Thrift
distribution.

BTW, if you're curious to see what we wrote txAMQP to support, watch the
Fluidinfo home page for the alpha launch of FluidDB on Monday :-)