thrift-user mailing list archives

From Mike Lovell <m...@dev-zero.net>
Subject Re: Human Readable Protocols for python
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 12:51:40 GMT
I don't see a JSON protocol in the Python part of the source tree. In
fact, the only languages, from my just browsing filenames in the source
tree, that have JSON protocols are cpp and java. And I would rather
stick with python or maybe perl.

I am not planning on using this for a regular protocol between
applications. I am planning on this being used for a type of quick and
dirty way for sys admins to be able to read and edit the configuration
data that is in thrift. The apps that use this will just use the binary
protocols.

thanks

mike