thrift-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>
Subject Re: recursive datatypes
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 17:05:13 GMT
Up to this point we have avoided it, and it's not on the roadmap.
There have been a few discussions in the past about why we haven't
done this to date.

If someone wanted to tackle this feature, the first thing that would
need to be done is to make the compiler ok with references to structs
that don't appear before them lexically. From there it probably
wouldn't be too much of challenge. Maybe David or someone else with a
deeper sense can chime in?

-Bryan