thrift-user mailing list archives

From Greg Stich <grgs...@googlemail.com>
Subject Perl's Bit::Vector module on Solaris 9
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 06:38:59 GMT
Hello thrift users,
we are running a Solaris 9 system where I already managed to run a Thrift
server on (basis Java 5 with libthrift.jar).
The Thrift binary has been compiled on Windows/Cygwin, so stubs and other
classes are generated there and then moved to Solaris.

What we need is a binding to Perl. My plan is implementing the busines logic
in Java, then calling it from Perl scripts (we're forced to use Perl as
client).

 To use Thrift/Perl, the Perl module Bit::Vector is neceessary. However,
this one depends on a C library and furthermore "make" and other compiler
utilities are needed and I myself do not have access to these tools.

Do you have an idea how this can be circumvented? Is there a
standalone-version of this module, statically bound to that C library, for
Solaris?
Or is there a way of using Thrift with Perl, however without Bit::Vector?...

Kind regards and thanks for your help,
 Greg