thrift-user mailing list archives

From Michael Greene <michael.gre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: typical thrift project layout
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 14:27:49 GMT
I throw everything in an /interface directory under the top-level, and
then use the mechanisms for each language to pick up these relative
paths.  When distributed to other external groups, these are bundled
in using whatever installation process is typical for the environment
(i.e. setuptools on setup.py for Python eggs, msbuild on .csproj for
.NET DLLs, ant on build.xml for Java JARs) and then distribute each
language bundle independently.

However, I have the luxury of working with a specific set of
languages.  I'm not aware of a good solution for distributing X
generated sources for languages with which you might not be familiar.

Michael