thrift-user mailing list archives

From Rush Manbert <r...@manbert.com>
Subject New Windows C++ library patch available
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 18:29:16 GMT
I have uploaded a new patch file for the Windows C++ library port. The
main change was to make the stdint.h implementation configurable,
since you might have chosen an implementation to use with other
Windows libraries. I also undid some formatted output changes to test
code, and also TFileTransport that were just wrong and didn't work on
Windows.

There is a patch file available, and also a patched distribution zip
file. You can find them here:

This is the third version of the patch. At this point I have brought
the Thrift library into our Windows build environment, and also
brought in a library that uses it that was already building in our Mac
environment. Those exercises were what prompted the two revisions to
the code, so it should remain stable for a while. The only outstanding
issue that I know of is that Windows Named Pipes sometimes disconnect,
but I don't know why or how to fix them at this point. Maybe one of
you will know.

I'm hoping that someone out there will give the Windows library a try
and let me know how it works out for you.

- Rush