thrift-user mailing list archives

From pablo platt <pablo.pl...@gmail.com>
Subject php tutorial
Date Sun, 27 Sep 2009 00:40:54 GMT
Hi,

To compile the php files for the tutorial I'm running:

> thrift -r --gen php tutorial.thrift

It creates the gen-php folder with two subfolders: tutorial and shared.
The PhpClient.php file under /tutorial/php expect all the php files to be
under gen-php without the subfolders:

> $GEN_DIR = '../gen-php';
> require_once $GEN_DIR.'/SharedService.php';
> require_once $GEN_DIR.'/shared_types.php';
> require_once $GEN_DIR.'/Calculator.php';
> require_once $GEN_DIR.'/tutorial_types.php';

The README under /lib/php says that apc_fetch() and apc_store() are
required:

> APC cache is used by the TSocketPool class. If you do not have APC
> installed,
> Thrift will fill in null stub function definitions.

Does it affect the php client or just the server?
Does it degrades the performance or prevent running at all?

I've managed to run the php client against the erlang server
but don't understand how to run the php client against the php server.

Thanks