thrift-user mailing list archives

From Cyber Cobra <bugspr...@gmail.com>
Subject Thrift on Wikipedia
Date Sat, 12 Sep 2009 09:08:28 GMT
Hi Thrifters! (or whatever you call yourselves),

I'm a Wikipedia editor and have been working on the relatively new
article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_data_serialization_formats
, which includes Thrift among the formats compared.
Currently, a lot of key information on Thrift's wire format is missing
from the article and I want to rectify that, but I'm not a Thrift
user. So I'm hoping you all might be able to help.

Here's the info I'm looking for:

1. Is there a specification document for Thrift (besides just the code
itself)? I was unable to locate one.
1A. If "No" for Question 1, any help filling out the row for Thrift in
the "Comparison of binary formats" table would be much appreciated.
2. Does Thrift take inspiration from or base itself on any other
formats? I don't think so, but just need to double-check.
3. Can Thrift store relational data? (i.e. can serialized objects have
"pointers" to other objects in the same "file"?)

Thanks, and apologies for the intrusion.
-- [[User:Cybercobra]]