thrift-user mailing list archives

From H P <thrift_u...@yahoo.com>
Subject question on UDP
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 17:07:29 GMT
Hi,

I am new to Thrift and it looks like a great framework!. However I have a few questions about
it and I would appreciate very much if some one will answer them.

1) Does it support UDP based RPC calls ? For example server receives a request on UDP port
and sends back the response to client's UDP port. The client would match request and response
using a messageId field. I prefer this over TCP based RPC as I need not handle reconnecvity
issues when either server or client goes down and comes back.

2) Does thrift support framing for messages? That would be a great place for me to add messageId
field.

3) How does it handle endianness of different hardware/os platforms ?

Thanks,
H.P