thrift-user mailing list archives

From John Doe <jd...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Monitoring thrift server uptime?
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2009 15:50:19 GMT
On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 4:47 AM, Phillip B Oldham wrote:
>  Is it possible to monitor a thrift server's uptime using something
> like monit[1] or nagios[2]? I understand it would be possible for
> servers running over HTTP, but is it possible for standard servers?
> [1] mmonit.com/monit/
> [2] www.nagios.org/

Nagios Remote Plug-ins Execution daemon (NRPE)
You set it up on target servers and it will do checks for nagios...
For the plugin, if one does not exist yet, copy a simple one and adapt it to your needs.
It is not too complex (apart from nagios complexity).
If you skip all the command line options handling, it is basicaly:
- Return codes: 0 (OK), 1 (WARNING), 2 (Critical), 3 (Unknown)
- Status line: TEXT|'label'=value;[warn];[crit];[min];[max] 'label'=value;[warn];[crit];[min];[max]
And to graph, you have the PNP extension...

JD