thrift-user mailing list archives

From Rush Manbert <r...@manbert.com>
Subject Re: No C++ types output from Thrift compiler on Windows
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 22:34:27 GMT
Sorry, but I can't help either. We only use the compiler on OS X. On
Windows, all we care about are the C++ runtime libraries.

(And sorry for the delay, I've been on vacation.)

- Rush

On Sep 13, 2009, at 1:04 PM, Joel Meyer wrote:

> Mark, your message did go through. I believe most people are using
> Thrift on
> *nix based platforms. A quick search of my GMail archives for the
> thrift-user list turned up some email from Rush Manbert referencing
> THRIFT-311 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-311) for MSVC
> compatibility. That may be a good place to start looking. Sorry I
> can't be
> more helpful.
> Cheers,
> Joel
>
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 10:03 PM, Mark Schmit <mschmit@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Did this not go through or do people simply not build on (or care
>> about
>> thrift compiler on) Windows?  Has anyone else encountered similar
>> problems?
>> -Mark
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 1:08 AM, Mark Schmit <mschmit@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey guys,
>>> I'm new to Thrift but am looking forward to playing with it.
>> Unfortunately
>>> I'm struggling to get a working Thrift compiler on Windows.  I've
>>> built
>>> thrift.exe in Cygwin with the no-cygwin-dependency path documented
>>> on
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/thrift/ThriftInstallationWin32, but it
>>> seems to
>>> only half-work.  For example, when I try to generate C++ code
>>> using the
>>> tutorial files, the compiler says this:
>>>
>>> [ERROR:c:\development\project\foo\thrift\tutorial.thrift:123] (last
>>> token was 'shared.SharedService')
>>> Service "shared.SharedService" has not been defined.
>>>
>>> The same command line works fine on Linux.  Secondly, if I try
>>> compiling
>>> shared.thrift directly, I only see SharedService.h/cpp and
>>> SharedService_server.skeleton.cpp, while on Linux I also see