thrift-user mailing list archives

From Michael Greene <michael.gre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Monitoring thrift server uptime?
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2009 12:28:35 GMT
Yes.  It ends up being more of a Nagios question, but if you implement
something like Ping() as in the fb303 API on your server side, and implement
a Nagios plugin [1] [2] that is a Thrift client you would have your
solution.  If you have more complicated uptime requirements than just
"Pingable" they can be implemented likewise.
Michael

[1] http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/developer-guidelines.html
[2]
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/aix/library/au-nagios/?S_TACT=105AGX59&S_CMP=HP&ca=dgr-lnxw16nagioswrite#N10117