thrift-user mailing list archives

From Simon Chu <simonchu....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: generated php code, unable to connect to thrift server
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2009 22:25:31 GMT
This is my entire program:  (transport is not null, and no exception thrown
there...)

it threw exception at the last line:

    $socket = new TSocket("thriftpuzzle.facebook.com", 9030);
    if (($transport = new TBufferedTransport($socket)) == null) {
       printf("Transport is null");
    }
    $protocol  = new TBinaryProtocol($transport);

    //$ssclient = new SimonSaysClient("thriftpuzzle.facebook.com");
    $ssclient = new SimonSaysClient($protocol);
    $ssclient->registerClient("emailaddr@gmail.com");   // replace emailaddr
with your email addr

Output:
PHP Warning:  stream_set_timeout(): supplied argument is not a valid stream
resource in
/home/simon/PROG/PHP/UTILITY/trunk/facebook/thrift/transport/TSocket.php on
line 281
PHP Warning:  stream_get_meta_data(): supplied argument is not a valid
stream resource in
/home/simon/PROG/PHP/UTILITY/trunk/facebook/thrift/transport/TSocket.php on
line 287
Failed registeringTSocket: Could not write 55 bytes