thrift-user mailing list archives

From Mark Slee <ms...@facebook.com>
Subject RE: transport-level issues
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2010 23:20:15 GMT
One could certainly implement a TPipeTransport for this quite easily. The existing TFDTransport
might actually already work fine off the shelf for this use case, if you already have file
descriptors for the pipes.

There are some tickets open on JIRA regarding adding SSL/TLS support. I believe there is work
underway on this, though not sure if any of it has hit the trunk yet.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-106
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-151
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-181
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-630

-----Original Message-----
From: tomer filiba [mailto:tomerfiliba@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2010 6:09 AM
To: thrift-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: transport-level issues

hi

is there support for pipes at the transport level instead of sockets?
my intention is to fork a child process running another program, and talk
with the parent process over the standard pipes.
this way i could get a java program to use my python package.
i don't want to resort to using sockets, because of performance and security
issues.

and on that note, i've asked this before but no one answered -- how do i use
ssl/tls with thrift?
assuming i need mutual authentication?

-tomer

An NCO and a Gentleman