thrift-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Introduction of Thrift Console
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 05:53:56 GMT
Anner,

It looks like you have put quite a bit of effort into your current
implementation.

Have you considered doing this in the context of a language like Groovy,
Ruby or Python that already has all of the ordinary stuff like arithmetic?
That would let you focus on the important pieces of making Thrift accessible
in a very congenial fashion.  The syntax you describe, for instance, could
easily be done almost without change in Groovy which is particularly suited
to domain specific languages.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve