thrift-user mailing list archives

From Noam Wolf <noam.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bad type in structure
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2010 18:17:36 GMT
Thanks for the ping Bryan, I actually figure it out... the stack trace
wasn't very forth coming in that the error could have been better IMO.

The error was a pretty stupid one that could have been, IMO, caught and
handled better... of course my client is a php one so there is no
compilation on that end which would have picked up on my error in any other
compiled language.

Basically my service call changed from

doSomething(1: String request)

doSomething(1: Request request)

So when I was calling doSomething("foo") i was seeing that error because the
type i was passing to the service was not the correct type...

hopefully this will help someone some day...

--
Best Regards,
Noam Wolf