thrift-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Fergason <jeremy_ferga...@yahoo.com>
Subject Using the cocoa source generator.
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:25:21 GMT
All,

I've been trying to get a simple demo going using the Objective-C/Cocoa code generation.
I've been able to get it to work with both Java and Python; and I think that I'm fairly close
with Objective-C.  I went ahead and turned the Objective-C stuff into a framework (I'd be
happy to commit this back when everything is working) ... this was relatively straightforward,
just required changing the imports on the generated code to be:

#import <Thrift/...>

I also had some issues including the CFNetwork/CFSocket... headers.  I think this is because
you want to include that on the iPhone but not MacOSX, for MacOSX I think you should just
include the CoreServices stuff.  I also added the delegate for the NSInputStream and NSOutputStream.

Everything is compiling and running now; however, I can't actually get the service to work.
 I have a java server running on port 7911 and it appears to be getting something because
everytime I try to communicate via objective-c I get an error about Log4j appenders not being
configured properly.  In objective-c I get an error about the pipe being broken.

I've posted my code online:

Thrift Framework: http://clement.corwynn.com/ThriftCocoaFramework.zip
Thrift Demo code: http://clement.corwynn.com/ThriftTutorial.zip

Thanks for any insights in advance!