thrift-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Fergason <jeremy_ferga...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Using the cocoa source generator.
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 18:18:55 GMT
Fred, it may be the Java however, I've been able to poke at the server successfully with python
... that's why I suspected the Obj-C.

-Jeremy

________________________________
From: Fred Potter <fpotter@gmail.com>
To: thrift-user@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Mon, April 19, 2010 10:18:18 AM
Subject: Re: Using the cocoa source generator.

Hi Jeremy,

It sounds like it _could_ be an issue w/ the Java side.  Are the log4j
libraries there?  The slf4j-api-1.5.8.jar and slf4j-simple-1.5.8.jar
files are working for me.

You might want to try testing the Java server in isolation.  If you
generate the python output for your .thrift file, you'll also get a
shell script which you can use to poke at a running thrift service.
That should help you troubleshoot.

Fred

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 8:25 AM, Jeremy Fergason
<jeremy_fergason@yahoo.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> I've been trying to get a simple demo going using the Objective-C/Cocoa code generation.
 I've been able to get it to work with both Java and Python; and I think that I'm fairly close
with Objective-C.  I went ahead and turned the Objective-C stuff into a framework (I'd be
happy to commit this back when everything is working) ... this was relatively straightforward,
just required changing the imports on the generated code to be:

> #import <Thrift/...>
>
> I also had some issues including the CFNetwork/CFSocket... headers.  I think this is
because you want to include that on the iPhone but not MacOSX, for MacOSX I think you should
just include the CoreServices stuff.  I also added the delegate for the NSInputStream and
NSOutputStream.

> Everything is compiling and running now; however, I can't actually get the service to
work.  I have a java server running on port 7911 and it appears to be getting something because
everytime I try to communicate via objective-c I get an error about Log4j appenders not being
configured properly.  In objective-c I get an error about the pipe being broken.