thrift-user mailing list archives

From ståle pedersen <sta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with a c++ thrift client
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 22:10:17 GMT
hi, thanks for the info. yes i am using THttpClient and i would gladly test out
your patch, but i couldnt find any attachment in your reply. did you forget it
or am i just blind? :)

ståle

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Rush Manbert <rush@manbert.com> wrote:
> On Apr 27, 2010, at 5:22 AM, ståle pedersen wrote:
>
>> hi, im writing a music streaming client (similar to spotify) in c++
>> that fetches data from a server using thrift (java server).
>> The target of the client is to use it on maemo/meego devices (and in
>> the future symbian devices), the current primary
>> target is the Nokia N900 phone (but the client runs on linux, mac too).
>>
>> I've got it working, but then i noticed something. On some of the
>> playlists I had (not all), I would get an exception from thrift saying
>> "Could not refill buffer" (I get this error on other operations too).
>

> Sorry, my previous reply could have been more helpful, and probably save a round of emails.
>
> If you are using THttpClient, try the one that is attached. There's a read buffering
bug in the current implementation that we have fixed here. I'm going to submit a patch, but
just haven't had the time.