thrift-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>
Subject Re: Transmission of big data
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2010 20:18:55 GMT
You can use Thrift for transferring big stuff up to a point. The limit you
run into is that whole Thrift struct you create has to fit into memory, so
if you have 10GB of stuff to transfer and only 1GB of memory, you'd have to
do more than one RPC.

Also be aware that even if you have a lot of memory, I don't think that we
can encode binary fields bigger than 2**32 bytes in length, since all our
protocols specify an int as the array size.

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 12:49 AM, CARMELO VELARDO <carmelo.velardo@gmail.com