thrift-user mailing list archives

From "zd.wbh"<zd....@163.com>
Subject Does the link sequence of libthrift.a and libthriftnb.a matters?
Date Fri, 07 May 2010 06:50:45 GMT
hi, all

   We encounter an odd link error today:

./src/transport/TBufferTransports.h:452: undefined reference to `vtable for apache::thrift::transport::TMemoryBuffer'
/usr/local/thrift/lib/libthriftnb.a(libthriftnb_la-TNonblockingServer.o)(.text+0x253e): In
function `apache::thrift::server::TConnection::transition()':

  Normally, the "undefined reference of vtable" error arise from not implementing pure virtual
functions, but not in our case. Finally we tried to exchange the link order of the two lib
and get resolved. libthriftnb.a must be ahead of libthrift.a? Can somebody explains this to
me? Thanks a lot.