thrift-user mailing list archives

From Anthony Molinaro <antho...@alumni.caltech.edu>
Subject Re: Thrift 0.3.0 RC1
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 22:37:06 GMT
The ruby stuff also has the annnoying bit where it doesn't use destdir
with 'make install' which pretty much makes it impossible to package
thrift using traditional means.  For the RPM and debs I build of thrift
I run with --without-ruby to work around this.  It would be awesome if
whoever was the ruby maintainer were to figure out how to get it's install
target working with destdir...

-Anthony

On Mon, May 03, 2010 at 03:20:57PM -0700, Mark Slee wrote:
> This only appears to be in the lib/rb directory, though. I'm not seeing any .o files
in the C++ library or the compiler, for instance.

> mcslee@devrs001 /tmp/thrift/thrift-0.3.0 $find . -name "*.o"
> ./lib/rb/ext/binary_protocol_accelerated.o
> ./lib/rb/ext/compact_protocol.o
> ./lib/rb/ext/memory_buffer.o
> ./lib/rb/ext/protocol.o
> ./lib/rb/ext/struct.o
> ./lib/rb/ext/thrift_native.o
>
> I agree these shouldn't be distributed. The solution can be as simple as manually removing
them from the release for now until we get the make thing properly patched.

> This issue aside, I'm a +1 on the rc1 candidate. It compiled without issue for me (though
again I have --with-ruby=no, so a ruby user should confirm that stuff is working).

dist".

Anthony Molinaro                           <anthonym@alumni.caltech.edu>