thrift-user mailing list archives

From Bjørn Borud <bbo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RPC for java/python with rest support, HTML monitoring and goodies
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 16:05:02 GMT
On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Ran Tavory <rantav@gmail.com> wrote:

> So far I've looked at thrift and avro and they are both nice in some ways,
> but don't check all my list.

it might be very useful if you briefly summarized the top N things you feel
lacks from Thrift.

(I regularly pester people at Google to get them to release their own RPC
mechanism built on protobuf, but it doesn't look like I've been able to
provoke enough interest.  I happen to like the RPC mechanism used in Google
quite a lot, but for now I am using Thrift).

-Bjørn
--
Bjørn Borud <bborud@gmail.com>
+47 920 46465