thrift-user mailing list archives

From Anner van Hardenbroek <dwlne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thrift services and init
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 18:30:10 GMT
You can also look at launchd.
http://launchd.macosforge.net/

Bye,

--
Anner van Hardenbroek

On 25 jun. 2010, at 20:17, Francisco Byun <combacsa@gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you ever tried working with "supervisord"?
>
> http://supervisord.org/
>
> It is written in python, which aims to control Unix (Linux) program.
> I'm involved with a project which uses Thrift for its back-end
> service, and supervisord successfully restarts the back-end service
> whenever it die.
>
> 2010/6/26 Kim Gustafson <kim@eye.fi>:
>> Hello, I am researching Thrift as a possible cross-language rpc mechanism, particularly
between php on the front-end client and perl on the back-end service. I am curious what people
are doing to make sure their thrift services start at boot and restart if they die.

>> As far as start at boot, I could put a new script in /etc/init.d (we are using CentOS)
for each service. It seems a little cumbersome, requiring a more complicated release process
for each new service introduced, but straightforward enough. The init.d scripts don't handle
restart, which led me to research supervisord and runit.