thrift-user mailing list archives

From Fred Potter <fpot...@gmail.com>
Subject Objective-J / Cappuccino Target
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 18:50:38 GMT
Hi,

Just wanted to share some work we've been doing on an Objective-J /
Cappuccino language target for Thrift.  If you've been looking at
Cappuccino and have a Thrift addiction like we do, maybe it'll help
you out.

There's a new language target, library, and tutorial.  Most of it is a
port of Andrew McGeachie's Cocoa work to Objective-J, plus some new
stuff added in to make async calls more natural.

The code is up on GitHub here:
http://github.com/parallel48/thrift

There's a blog post that talks a bit about it here:
http://blog.parallel48.com/using-thrift-with-cappuccino

I'd love to hear from someone more involved with the project if there
would be interest in having this contributed back to the main
distribution.  Cappuccino is still kind of a niche language, so I
don't know how people would feel about that.

Fred