thrift-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thrift artifacts in Maven repositories
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 22:23:53 GMT
2010/6/24 Bjørn Borud <bborud@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 3:29 PM, Bryan Duxbury <bryan@rapleaf.com> wrote:
>
>> As soon as this release is completed, we'll be putting Thrift into Maven
>> repos. So, once I post yet another RC, you can try it out and vote on it :)
>>

> excellent.  I'll keep an eye out for the new RC and test it as soon as I
> spot it.
>
> PS: do you have any contact with the Cassandra people?  Since they use
> thrift it would be really neat to have Cassandra use a release version of
> Thrift.

The Cassandra people will happily use a release version of Thrift as
soon as one exists that actually works with Cassandra.  0.2 had a
regression that made it unusable for us, which is why we're on a
post-0.2 snapshot from svn.  (We weren't able to test 0.2 during the
voting period because it also broke the Java API badly.)

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra