thrift-user mailing list archives

From Vinithra Varadharajan <vinit...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Using Thrift in Visual Studio 2008
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 19:44:26 GMT
I recently built the runtime DLLs and LIBs on Windows with Visual Studio
2008, boost 1.42 and zlib-1.2.4.

I initially tried (very hard) to build them using MinGW, Visual Studio 2010,
and the MsvcPatchSupportScripts attached to Thrift-591 but ran into all
sorts of problems. I finally got it to work by following the instructions in
thrift-818530/msvc/README. I also had to use the --with-pstdint configure
option and am using pstdint.h and defining WITH_PSTDINT_H in apps that use
the Thrift libs. However, I ran into issues building and running some of the
tests, some of which other people online had run into as well.

While we're on the topic, have any of you tried building the contrib/fb303
project on Windows?

Thanks,
Vinithra