thrift-user mailing list archives

From Dave Jones <Dave.Jo...@spilgames.com>
Subject How to use the thrift native PHP extension?
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 11:22:25 GMT
Hi,

We've installed Cassandra 0.6.2 and Thrift 0.2.0, and have generated the PHP Cassandra bindings
using
thrift -gen php cassandra.thrift

After this, we followed these steps to build the native php extension:

phpize
./configure --enable-thrift_protocol
make

sudo cp modules/thrift_protocol.so /usr/lib/php/modules/

Created /etc/php.d/thrift_protocol.ini, with contents:
extension=thrift_protocol.so

So far, so good.

However, we're not sure how to actually use the native extension.  Nothing found in the source
of Casssndra.php.

Any ideas?    Does anyone know where we can find documentation about using the php extension?

Thanks, Dave