thrift-user mailing list archives

From Raghava Mutharaju <m.vijayaragh...@gmail.com>
Subject C++ deserialization - record length?
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 20:27:09 GMT
Hi all,

I have serialized couple of Employee objects (binary protocol) and saved the
byte array into a file. I am using C++ to deserialize. I would reach bytes
of one Employee from the file each time and give it to read() method. If I
use sizeof(Employee), it does not give the right size.

Some statistics from a sample run:

Total Employee objects serialized = 10
Total bytes in the file = 690. So each Employee object size should be 69
bytes.
sizeof(Employee) gives 96.

This seems to be a frequently used operation. How can this be done?
I would read each object, fill the TMemoryBuffer and use it to construct
TBinaryProtocol.

Thank you.

Regards,
Raghava.