thrift-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>
Subject Re: THsHaServer
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 16:34:25 GMT
Generally, Rapleaf has found it to be an extremely stable and reliable
server. The only gotcha I'm aware of is
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-714, which just means that your
total number of worker threads will not vary quite as much as you think it
might based on load. (I'd love someone to contribute a real fix for this
problem...)

Another thing to be aware of in general is
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-786 - you might not get the I/O
performance you're expecting if the actual RPC I/O is large. This also could
be fixed with relative ease if it turns out to be a problem.

-Bryan