thrift-user mailing list archives

From Anthony Molinaro <antho...@alumni.caltech.edu>
Subject erlang server/client closing connections
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 05:22:54 GMT
Hi,

  I'm trying to use pg2 to cache several thrift client connections so I
can spread load across them.  This seems to work great however, the
connections seem to go stale, I think the server is dropping them, however
looking through the thrift code is seems like keepalive is true, so I'm
not sure why this would be the case.

I start my server with

thrift_server:start_link/3

and the client processes are started with

thrift_client:start_link/3

The process stays alive fine on the client, but goes away after about
30 seconds or so on the server (probably less they seem to go away
quick).  Since the client is alive, when I do a call I get this
exception.

{{case_clause,{error,closed}},
 [{thrift_client,read_result,3},
  {thrift_client,catch_function_exceptions,2},
  {thrift_client,handle_call,3},
  {gen_server,handle_msg,5},
  {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}

Is there anyway to keep this from happening?

Thanks,

-Anthony

Anthony Molinaro                           <anthonym@alumni.caltech.edu>