thrift-user mailing list archives

From Phillip B Oldham <phillip.old...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Packaging for Python
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 07:46:06 GMT
On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 5:53 PM, David Reiss <dreiss@facebook.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure if I understand your question, but I'll give two bits of
> information that might help.
>
> 1/ Thrift/Python has no external dependencies.  It only uses the Python
> standard library.
>
> 2/ The code generated by the Thrift compiler has to be used with the
> Thrift/Python runtime library from the same version.

Perfect.

Specifically; we have a pypi.python.org proxy to which we publish our
own eggs to be used as part of buildout/deployment scripts. Building
thrift on our various production servers seems unnecessary if we can
simply package up the thrift libraries and release them to our proxy.
It will also make upgrading easier as we can store `thrift-0.2.0.egg`,
`thrift-0.3.0-beta.egg`, etc in our proxy for use with various
servers/applications.

Thanks for your help!

--
Phillip B Oldham